Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Feb 2013 14:30:06 -0500
From:         george jannini <georgejoann@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Breezy Knees

Another reason for breezy kneesie: (lower leg in my case)

If your bus is a Westy like ours, then _on the driver's side only_ the fresh air directed towards yer rear passengers is supposed to be blocked off.

There would have been a foam block inside the A Pillar duct, but that foam is known to break down. If/when that happens, then fresh air leaks into the cabin on the driver's side, which happened to be my particular problem. (Of course, the fresh air cutoff might be leaking as well)

Some of that loose airage will be directed upwards between the edge of the dash and door and most of the rest will - or should - be tickling your bare ankles.

I decided to take advantage of the infiltration by removing what was left of the foam from the body cavity and taping the duct on the rear of the door edges. (I have PDL & mirror cables running between the body & doors)

To direct the air the way I wanted it to go (down) I used bits of pipe insulation foam to the hole in the A pillar top and right side and managed to get just about all of it to end up on my feet, which I've found to work nicely on days that on days we don't need to use the AC.

Geo/ATL