Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Feb 2013 23:18:25 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: 12 Volt + Wire Up Rear Pillar? (vent)
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

At 10:53 PM 2/17/2013, neil n wrote: >https://sites.google.com/site/musomuso/canadian-west-coast-vanagon-owners-association

Whatever that thing is across the bottom, it needs casters. ;-)

>The driving light I may install has a fairly narrow (wide) beam. A >round light might be better.

Neil dear, what's a narrow wide beam? Does it differ from a wide narrow beam? ;-) Are you taking about a fog light with a fan beam?

The shape of the fixture doesn't matter, it's the shape of the beam that counts. A fog light will have a beam that's very thin vertically with sharp cutoff on the top but has extreme horixontal spread. A driving light is typically more of a pencil beam. You can tell the fog light because the lens will have prominent vertical ribs whilst the driving light typically has a clear unpatterned lens. Both types obtainable in round or rectangular fixtures.

What I should think you'd want for in back would be a working light type beam, lots of spread in both directions. GE has a nice little 4" sealed beam unit that I've seen supplied in a black rubber bumper mount. I had one that I meant to put on the '84 Westy but never got a round tuit.

Yours, David