Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:58:51 -0500
From:         Pete O <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday Philosophy: On Community
Comments: To: Jarrett Kupcinski <kupcinski@gmail.com>

Jarrett! I think you hit it on the head - diversity!

We are diverse, yet there is a commonality about this group that makes it so much more appealing than other "car groups". I have found VW Bus / Westy pilots to be a creative, tolerant, artistic, technogeeked fascinating group that has often made me stop and think about what is* really important *in life. We have had several cross county Volks over the years drop in for a brew and some camping on our 5 acres here in Northern Indiana - always an interesting visit crammed full of bus and life discussions. Someone who was once a total stranger or just a name on the list becomes a friend for life. There a very few Bus owners I have met that I didn't want to spend more time with.

The Buses by the Beach phenomenom has been a centering experience for me and my family. Combined with Facebook and this list, we feel we are part of something much bigger, something with a special exciting vibe that always seems to have the thrill of "what's next!?" associated with it.

I often feel somehow I have been nudged in this direction and fate has been kind in letting us discover this awesome world of traveling, music tests, winter campouts, fundraising for the Phoenix Society, kayaking, playing music around the fire and being able to hit the road at a moments notice with a ready to go little house on wheels.

The Vanagon List was in large part the catalyst to this blossoming. Thanks to all who started it and maintain it still!

Pete '87 Westy "JoesVan" '79 Westy "Aardvark"