Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:47:11 -0500
From:         Mark Dearing <VWBrain@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2WD Beach Driving
Comments: To: finnrunyon@GMAIL.COM

my sand driving was on the outter banks NC . we used to take my 66 westy out on Ocacoke island with no problems , other parts were harder as the sand was really softUse and deep in places and real easy to get stuck. Use to see a match set of VW bugs out there all the time, they were set up with big bald tires and a cutting board on the back with a lite for nite fishing. They had no problems as long as their air pressure was low and they stayed in the tire tracks. Saw a Vanagon syncro westy that stayed on the beach for about 3 days , meet the guys in town and only reason they came in was they ran out of beer. later md