Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Feb 2013 16:45:24 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: More on Westy Prices
Comments: To: greg@pottsfamily.ca

I'm always suspicious when a vehicle goes up for sale with a freshly rebuilt, or even worse, freshly rebuilt non-running engine. Who did the rebuild? Uncle Cledus? A truly good rebuilt engine is a lot of $$$ just to turn around and sell it. This area, Ashburn Virginia, like most areas now take a very dim view of non running vehicles on a property, unless it is hidden in a garage. That's why I live in a crappy little town in a 50+ year old house with NO home owners association! Jeff Stewart ----- Original Message ----- > Depends entirely on condition. Could be a $10K van that only needs 20 >   > hours labour. Sometimes life hands people situations where they need   > to cut their losses. > Mostly this one would depend on the condition of the components. Last >   > summer I parted out a worn 87 Wolfsburg and reaped about $2K from it.. >   > If the rebuilt engine on that one is any good then the right person   > could do pretty well on that an, and have it done just in time for   > spring when the resale is highest. > Or it could be a time and money pit. Impossible to know either way   > without a closer look. > Quoting J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>: > > Now, I hope I am not insulting someone here, but check this out, it > >   > > is very close to me: > > > > > > > > http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3620577017.html > > > > > > > > $4,500.00 for an '85 that has to be towed home? Without seeing it,   > > I'd maybe go up to $2,000.00 on one like this , but $4,500.00?!! > > No way! I need some of what these folks are smokin'! > > > > > > > > Jeff Stewart > >