Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:31:08 -0400
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: 85' 1.9 Clutch Woes
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com>

Jeff, if there are no fluid leaks and the pedal goes to the floor with no resistance, usually it is a broken fork on the throw out bearing shaft. I had one of these break on me at a gas station once. Clutch was working fine one minute, step on the pedal, feel something go sproing and then nothing.

In order to fix it you are going to need to drop the trans. While you are in there I would also do a new clutch unless it is low miles. Inspect cam plug and rear main seal on motor for leaks. Check and replace transmission oil if you have never done that before.

We have new shafts and LUK or Sachs clutch kits in stock if you need one.

Hope this helps.