Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:29:17 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Gas leaking after filling to the top...84 2wd..
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

either the filler neck seal, or the seals on top of the tank, maybe vent pipes. The online vendors have reseal kits for the tank. Mine did this, and resealing took care of it. I believe the crossover pipe must be bought separately from the reseal kit, and that it is available in aluminum to get away from plastic if you want that. mcneely

---- Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > I know this may be somewhere in the archives. I have never found the > archives useable, so I am just List-asking straight out... > > My 84 has always had a slight gas odor after filling to the top...and > not just from the usual 'spitting-up' that frequently seems to happen when > you use the gas pump's auto shut-off feature... I've just been 'living > with it' forever, thinking it was not so big a deal, but I recently > noticed, after filling up, there was actually a small pool of gasoline > under my van, and more still dripping out....Dunno whether this has been > going on all along and I just noticed, or maybe the leak/overflow problem > is getting worse....but not that I've seen this, I want to take care of the > problem... > > Can someone point me to the fix for this problem, which I assume is > frequent with our older vans, rotting hoses, etc...Thanks > Don Hanson

-- David McNeely