Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Mar 2013 11:15:25 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FW: Gas leaking after filling to the top...84 2wd..
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@gmail.com>

I put in the new tank with a new sender as well, and had to tweak the tabs on the tank opening before I could install the sender. It was too tight as Joe discovered, and I also used silicone spray to lube the O-ring.

Neil, the crossover pipe goes over the coolant pipes, that's why it's a PITA to do without dropping the tank down at an angle, but not too steep an angle. It's intended to pass air, not fuel, between the two camel's humps as the fuel sloshes around, and you don't want fuel trapped in it.

Stuart