Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:45:21 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Alliance Deep Cycle? (Grp. 27) Wire To Alternator?
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

I'm sorry but that is not the battery I was referring to at all.

The battery I was referring to is also branded by Caterpillar. Here is a link with some pictures. Even the case construction is obviously different.

https://commerce.cat.com/en/catcorp/batteries

Deep cycle batteries and on board power generation is becoming more common in the trucking industry as more areas are banning engine idling. Many truck stops even offer ducted air for trucks sleeping overnight. The world is changing.

Dennis

Quick pics of the Alliance battery FWIW. I managed a discount through a friend. $99 Cnd before taxes etc. so I have to wonder if it's the same as what you're referring to Dennis.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-cjbP2BX-Pxw/UUD7RiST9ZI/AAAAAAAAHIk/iDqXT 3xsY0Y/s600/BatterAllianceINC.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-DWmlDEVIR-k/UUD7RYZwRpI/AAAAAAAAHIg/M9rlA zUsxuQ/s600/alliance%2520deep%2520cycle.jpg

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> wrote:

> That may be but that brand is heavy duty stuff designed for trucking > applications. It is an OEM brand used on many truck chassis. My > motorhome had the alliance group 31 engine starting batteries, (2). I > purchased the rig April 2004 and I replaced them in 2012. The Trojan > House batteries were replaced November 2011 as one of the four tested > bad. The alliance batteries are good stuff. > > Dennis > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On > Behalf Of neil n > Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:16 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Alliance Deep Cycle? (Grp. 27) Wire To Alternator?

> Battery sales person said they're made by Johnston Controls. >

-- Neil n

65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp

'88 Slate Blue Westy to be named.

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engine s