Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Mar 2013 22:37:12 -0800
From:         WILLIAM WITZ <pbwitz@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Winter projects

Well here in Northern California it has been dry for the past two months, the afternoons have been pretty fair and it has been a good time to catch up on some old Vanagon installs I have been putting off. I installed a Hella air horn, I put it and and the compressor up on the right front in back of the stock mount but tucked away from the road spray. The darn thing is really loud and I am not at all sure it is a good idea. I wish the pitch was a lot lower and I may rework it but hey at least I can scare off small wild life or so I hope. I also installed new shocks, only third time in 28 years, a new muffler also third in 28 years. I got the rear bench seat foam replaced with high density foam. Now when we go camping we can be a little kinder to are rear ends. Last but not least I am installing a power amp for my radio ipod player which has a audio input jack that we can connect to our dvd player and watch movies on if it is too cold or wet to be out side. I have two 8" woofers/mid range and two 5"by 2" horn tweeters so the sound is pretty sweet. All of this stuff was been waiting for a long time until I got around to it. I am going to power it off the Aux. Battery. We hope to go camping soon up on Hwy 1. O and it looks like I can get access to those Leds on my heater controls by removing the instrument cluster or am I wrong? "there is just so many summers,just so many springs" Bill 84 WestyTiico