Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Mar 2013 06:45:35 -0500
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fw: melting lower thermostat housing
Comments: To: Frank Condelli <RAlanen@aol.com>

I agree with Frank. What I have seen is that the original hoses went a good 15 years without needing replacement unless they were contaminated with oil or overheated. However there are still folks out there that have original hoses on their vans. If your van is a 91 that means your hoses are 22 years old. They just graduated from college! Don't you think it is time to let them go and live their own lives :-) If you have an 84 Vanagon the hoses are 29 years old. They have already gotten divorced, lost their jobs and are living in the basement. You need to kick them out! It is for their own good. :-)

Hoses get old, they wear out. Unless you like sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck on a cold, dark night, why don't you replace your hoses this spring and have a fresh start. The aftermarket hoses are good for at least 10 years so you won't have to worry about it for a long time, if ever. And you can have the peace of mind that at least, you won't be broken down waiting for me to ship you one of those special preformed hoses express mail so you can continue on your trip this summer. :-)

Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com