Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:22:49 -0700
From:         Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Small kitchen for GL? Ideas please

It really depends on your budget and how much time you want to put into. If you want to keep it on the cheap side, maybe you just need portable cook stove e.g. a Coleman propane type. Add an ice chest and some rubbermaid tubs for washing/rinsing. A cutting board and some cooking/eating utensils thown in a plastic/composit carrier(s) or cardboard box for that matter and you're good to go.

The more expensive time-consuming route might find you in a junk yard looking for used stoves/fridges and cabinetry. Or bartering with other folks on this list or Samba and you might someone willing to part with a full or partial interior galley for $$$ or next to nothing. You never know.

After that, surfing the internet for different camping configurations comes to mind. But I think it gets more expensive from there....

I think I'd start the cheapest route and go from there as I always like to bring a cookstove for cooking outside anyway.

Steven 91 Westy