Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:46:05 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pop Top Wood Frame Damage. PIC
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@gmail.com>

I didn't check the pics but knowing your location and the climate there, you are probably dealing what is weirdly called "dry rot"...There are plenty of epoxy-based filler systems made that repair dry rot. These can be used by almost anyone, without special knowledge or skills, if you carefully read and follow the instructions.

I use, for most all my composite repairs, the products known as WEST System Epoxy, available online from many places. They offer various base epoxies and a line of additives that you can mix, according to the task you are faced with. Done properly, an epoxy repair is normally stronger and more durable than the original structure...This stuff last for a long time, and is really handy to keep around for various repairs and glue jobs.