Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:38:46 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Headlight Issues Continue - SA installation on '88GL
Comments: To: JRodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>

Yes of course you can power low beams by some alternative method.

what year van ? It could be as simple as using a small jumper wire to get power to low beam fuse/s. The early style fuse box is very handy in that regard.

if you have head light relays I'd dig into those. Have you checked on the back of your fuse box for pulled out wires ?

last time I fixed a van with no highbeams that had head light relays.. that's what had happened... a wire got pulled out of the back of the fuse box. A very easy fix.

hey........ .just wire it so low beams are on anytime engine is running.. then you'll have DRL's !

'It's just a blockage or leakage of electrons.'

On 3/20/2013 9:25 PM, JRodgers wrote: > My head lights - which were working fine - are still out - and every > time I go to work on them I get interrupted for extended periods - lose > my place - forget where I was, and have to start over. > > Need help! > > To repeat the story - made a stop at night - lights and ignition off - > when I started it up - no lights. Did the ignition switch X circuit > check - and the lights flashed. Replaced the switch with a new one - > checked again - no lights at all. I have been unable to fix that. I NEED > to get those lights on, but this is turning into a real challenge. > > Question: is there a way to temporarily install a bypass circuit to > power the lights - at least on the low beams so I can drive it at night, > until such times as I can find and fix the real problem? > > Any help at all on this is appreciated. > > Thanks. > > John in Alabama >