Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:01:25 -0800
From:         Mark Tuovinen <aksyncronaut@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propex install near water tank
Comments: To: Bryan Feddish <uprightbassghost@hotmail.com>

Frank Condelli(might be misspelled) from Canada mounted his there and shared photo's of it. He is active on the list at times and has a business and website for Vanagons. If I get around to installing a propex that is where I plan on mounting it also. I do not want extra holes in our floor pan and value the space under the seat too much. Part of Franks installation uses an area that is normally wasted as it is behind a false wall between the cubby and the water tank compartment wall. The false wall is there to protect the shore power wiring and you will lose that capability to mount your propex there but for me it is not an issue. We have never used shore power and probably never will most of the places we camp it is not available even if we wanted it. Mounting there allows the air inlet and exhaust to go through the drivers side body panel eliminating more holes( water entry points) in the floor.

Looking forward to your YouTube video as someday I may get bored enough to tackle that job and am always happy to learn from those whom have gone before.

Mark in AK `87 Westy Syncro