Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Mar 2013 20:05:08 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Beyond Vanagon
Comments: To: turbowesty <turbowesty@GMAIL.COM>

By whistle I assume that means continuusly ..

1. If you think sound is emanating from the shift linkage ..or via it, while someone else drives, put your ear right onthe shift knob. any sounds from metal-to-metal contact ( shift linkage touching something ) ..or transmission noises .. anything like that can get transmitted though the linkage .

2. How about a vacuum leak in the dash area ? Could have a whistle that way.

3. How about a wind whistle at a door or window ? those often stop when you roll the driver's window down two inches.. a sure sign it's door seal or window related. ( especially this one ) .

Depending on age of ones ears, it can be hard to tell where soundsare coming from.

scott turbovans

On 3/25/2013 7:30 PM, turbowesty wrote: > Just got my bus back from storage, then mechanic. > Thrilled to be driving home, into the final stages of prep for a 2 week trip to NC. Feels good is an understatement. > > And going back to see my mechanic tomorrow 'cause there's a new 80db whistle coming from the shift linkage (I think). I was thrilled that he came up with the parts to make the linkage work better than it's ever worked before, I don't think Andrea will like having to wear ear plugs the whole time we're driving though! > > Tips/thoughts on cause? > > Regards, Peter Kraiker > nextchapter.kraikerphoto.com > Toronto, ON, Canada > '82 L Westfalia 1.9 TD 5 Spd (Babe) > > > On 2013-03-25, at 10:02 PM, Miguel Pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > >> If it feels good, >> do it!