Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Mar 2013 06:29:24 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Transmission mechanic
Comments: To: arlen sondergaard <arlensondergaard@GMAIL.COM>

Gas tank for continuous clunking noises? You may be lucky and just have a CV joint/drive axle problem. You may also be unlucky and have a final drive/differential problem. When it comes to automatic transaxles there aren't many simpler that the Vanagon. Any transmission shop should be able to handle this. If the final drive is shot it may be more cost effective to find a used one.

Dennis