Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Mar 2013 11:31:09 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Beyond Vanagon-Keeping older vehicles!
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

I'm with you. RVs and campers are different lifestyles. We've been camping and travelling in a VW camper of one type or another since 1975 and stay exclusively in state, county & national parks along with a few forest service campgrounds. We also like to go into the big cities and sometimes spend a night in a nice hotel and have a fancy meal. The Vanagon Westy lets us do all of these things, and even find a place to park in many downtown garages. Done this in Vancouver BC, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Salt Lake, and Albuquerque.

Some folks have a strong aversion to public restrooms and showers, and for them an RV or trailer is essential.

Stuart '68, '84, '97 & now an '85