Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Mar 2013 13:49:25 -0700
From:         WILLIAM WITZ <pbwitz@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Beyond Vanagons -keeping older vehicles

Lister's: I have owned my Westy for 29 years.I would like to think that you would have to "pry it for my cold dead hands" but maybe if infirmary takes me or it, I hope might have the grace to let it all go by. The Buddha said we suffer because of attachment. I am just a man and I am attached. I know that noting lasts for ever, my life, this world, the ones I love, (in this form) noting. That being said, what is wrong with working toward the perfection of our illusion. All art is just an attempt to bring about a vision of our perfection and make it whole and understandable to our self an others. Meaning can be discovered in those moments. We can test our self, we can test our vans until it is time to just stop and say goodbye. We just came home from a trip up on Hwy 1 to Ft. Bragg and back down Hwy 101 to 20 past Clear Lake and down I-5 to home. the Van ran fine, camped at Manchester Beach. Lite rain and big winds we warm and dry in our Westy as we watched Northern Exposure on our dvd player, ate grill tri-tip- chicken breasts, and salmon. So thanks for all the sharing all these years. May all our madness not be truly mad.

Bill Witz 84 WestyTiico.