Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:16:51 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Westy Shelf Tip & question
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

Some years ago I used some of that kitchen shelf liner stuff, adheres like Post-it notes. It was ok, not great. A month ago I cut some short pile, charcoal grey, indoor outdoor carpet and lined the shelves with that. It came from Canadian Tire, I bought a section for the cabin floor and I had enough left over for the cupboards. In the top loading cubbies I just cut the carpet to fit, but on the other cupboards I cut and glued the stuff down, even wrapping over the exposed edge of the shelf to the right of the fridge. I also lined the open shelf at back hatch.

It looks pretty good and I do think it cuts down rattling noise from pots and pans.

alistair