Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Apr 2013 21:46:49 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Spare Fuel Pump Saves the Day
Comments: To: walkingboss <walkingboss@communicomm.com>

What about just leaving the caps on the inlet and outlet....like it comes off the shelf, out of the box, or out of the UPS truck? That's what I do and have done for about 20yrs since my old XK 120 Jaguar...the first electric fuel pump I ever encountered...and being a Lucas-car, I got pretty intimate with all the electrical parts on that one.

Really...you think they put some dri gas or Stabil or old dead gas in them at the factory? When I change one out, I take the caps off the inlet/outlet ports of the new one and put it right on the old one, stick that back in the box and put it in my spares after I douche it out by running it backwards and putting some compressed air through to blow out the remaining crud. I have used a couple stored this way without any vapor lock or need to prime...