Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Apr 2013 17:35:29 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: it just stops! What do I do? - was Spare Fuel Pump Saves the
              Day-Hose removal pliers.
Comments: To: Marc Perdue <mcperdue@GMAIL.COM>

Sweet . That's the one. they say 'hose' on one side...so one jaw is designed more to grab into the metal tube you are pushing the hoseoff of. ( which I now see it says there ) Nice price too.

Pusher-on .. you're not trying to push a dry rubber hose onto anything I hope. Always some lube . I use WD-40 constantly for that sort of thing .. and recently got some 'Sil-Glyde' lubricating compounds ..for 'brake parts, trunk seals, weather stripping' .. I use it on rubber hoses sometimes too. WD-40 though ..a wonderful universal lubricant .. not to replace grease or oil .. but to make things move nicely, or slide, or to displace water. If I had to name just two products to work on cars with , it would be one of them. How theworld worked before WD I just can't imagine. Goose grease maybe.

working on vehicles is so fun and rewarding. S.

On 4/6/2013 5:12 PM, Marc Perdue wrote: > Are there any "hose-putter-on-er" pliers? I could'a used those when I had > to replace a cooling hose on my van in a hurry one night . . . > > Marc > > > On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Larry Alofs <lalofs@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Thanks a lot Dennis. I just did the amazon 1-click. $7.77 >> >> Larry A. >> >> >> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com >>> wrote: >>> http://shopping.yahoo.com/22597368-hose-removal-pliers/ >>> >>> What you really want! >>> >>> Dennis >>>