Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Apr 2013 20:18:09 -0500
From:         Larry Alofs <lalofs@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Starting problem or startER problem
Comments: To: TJ Hemrick <x53gunner@gmail.com>

TJ, You might get some useful information by measuring the voltage at the small terminal of the solenoid while you are twisting the key to the start position. This will require a helper to turn the key or a long wire from your voltmeter. Then you could start trying to find the voltage drops in the circuit leading to the solenoid.

Alternately, considering your #6, if shorting the small terminal of the solenoid to the large terminal always makes it start, why not put a hefty relay under the back seat and have the relay do just that. Activate the relay with the wire that came from your ignition switch. Whatever works...

Good luck, Larry A.