Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Apr 2013 17:27:12 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Got it home, now the project begins
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

It may fit on a stock Westy vanagon roof just fine, but 'designed' is a fairly exotic word for this application IMO. I have a whole vanagon roof that an AW high top was removed from .. they just hack a hole in a tintop roof to put an AW roof on .. nothing fancy or trick or custom about itat all.

I wonder even, if the bar that is welded in across a Westy roof opening wouldn't even bein the wrong place for an AW roof, at least how it fits with the upper bed board.

the fiberglass AW top is brilliant . I will always say that. And well made enough. Many of the systems and veneer wood in an AW interior is quite low grade and junky IMO. that finished oak is very nice though. the cabinets are junk. The whole thing is a nice mixture of quite decent and pretty funky. Westy cabinetry is 5 times as solid as the stuff in an AW.. but theroof makes it all worth it - aero and interior volume wise. Plus ..they are strangely quiet inside driving down the road. Very nice.

On 4/6/2013 2:02 PM, neil n wrote: > Those AW tops are way cool IMO. Lucky you. > > There is an AW yahoo group: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Adventurewagen/ > > I bet theres lots of info there on this process. I *think* the AW top > is designed to fit the OEM Vanagon Westy opening. > > On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Geneva Saint-Amour > <genevasaintamour@hotmail.com> wrote: > >> .... Now checking it over we realized that the high top we bought to cannibalize and put on our Westfalia pop top is actually an original Adventurewagen. We still want to switch the top to our beloved 85 Westie, but welcoming input, suggestions and ideas. > >