Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Apr 2013 17:44:44 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Introduction - Jeff Rogers 90 Tristar
Comments: To: Jeffrey Rogers <Jeffrey.Rogers@OCDSB.CA>

O2 sensor or wiring.

Dennis

Hello to members of the list serve. I have been following it for a few weeks and I must say that the knowledge base is mind boggling.

My first car was a 73 Weekender that eventually succumbed to the Canadian Winter. I sold it for the value of the motor which was fresh, but I think it may be making a comeback as the purchaser was quite committed to fixing it.

After a an 8 year hiatus, I purchased a 1990 Doka. With two kids, this seemed like a safer option than finding a 73'.

The previous owners in Vancouver did quite a bit of work and I am working on banishing the last of the gremlins.

The current issue is an odd one.

Bert (Big Excellent Red Truck, or B Ugly R T depending on your point of view) will start up fine, run fine and then every once in a while it will stutter a bit, then either it will chug out of it, or the motor will stop, sometime accompanied by the oil pressure buzzer. Restarting is no problem, and then it drives away fine. In watching very closely I have determined that it happens when the motor is heating up, and the temp needle is just approaching the warning light. Other than that I am a bit stumped.

I have replaced the Air Flow meter - Bosch, and added the Volkswagen Syndrome Cable Fix, all the sensors are new and I have checked the grounds.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks Jeff Rogers