Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:35:20 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: more free rims, near San Diego - Irked by "rims"
Comments: To: JRodgers <jrodgers113@gmail.com>

Motor = anything that provides motion. Engine = any apparatus to do the same thing. The English language was satisfied with this overlap, as well as the many others it has (raise/rear, skill/craft) long before anything ever ran on gasoline or electricity.

I am satisfied with the duplication as well.

Artificial distinctions tend to be nothing more than distancing terminology. Let them laugh!

Jim