Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:40:46 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: more free rims, near San Diego - Irked by "rims"
Comments: To: Rob <vwrobb@gmail.com>

OMG! All those years I drove VW buses and then when the Vanagon came out, the people who drove them said..."This is a Vanagon, NOT a bus"...and they were quite happy to point out that they had "Actual heat" (I will discount the aircooled vanagons, I never knew anyone who owned one of those) and they could go up hill and their vans didn't need new motors all the time, etc etc....

I guess real VW buses are fading into memory now...and Vanagons are being called buses....I know someone recently asked me if that was my old Hippie Bus in the lot.....If I remember my Hippie days....by the time Vanagons came out Hippies were about done, weren't they? And none of us actual hippies had money to waste on NEW VW vans...

I call mine "My truck" sometimes....because it does the same stuff as my now-parked turbo diesel Ford with the camper on it....But I never have called it a bus...because I promised myself I would NEVER own another VW bus after my third or fourth rebuild on my 36hp 1957 splittie panel ..... I, for one, consider Vanagons are different creatures than VW buses were....similar, but different. But hey, call em what you will, I stand.....dumbfounded, like a cow staring at a passing train.....