Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:27:23 -0700
From:         "sailingfc @dslextreme.com" <sailingfc@DSLEXTREME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Air scoops
Comments: To: Frank Condelli <RAlanen@aol.com>

When I was at the local salvage yard, looking at an '86 for electrical harness parts, I noticed the snorkel parts. I was thinking of grabbing the pieces, but didn't. Now that the shortcomings of the collapsing paper tube has been explained, it seems that the system as a whole is restrictive. If the system had enough flow, there would be no chance that the tubing would collapse (and at freeway speeds there would be positive pressure on the dirty side of the air cleaner). The only restriction above the tube is the plastic snorkel end itself. So it makes sense to do something different at the top of that system. Am I over simplifying this?

-Dick- 78 Scirocco 87 Vangon Syncro 12 Golf TDI