Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:08:09 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel pump folly (little Vanagon content)
Comments: To: Steve Cotsford <cotsford@aol.com>

No, that was long long ago, when I used to buy them by the pair to have a spare to cannibalize. But those two toned (country and city) horns were the most reliable things on the car. I did like the hand crank to start the engine and doubled as the lug wrench and jack handle (or tripled I should say.)

Nobody at the time has seen a scissors jack in this country, hardly. For years my family referred to a scissors jack as a renault jack. In fact, I think it is still at my mom's making the jack the best thing about the car.

If you know anyone with a Dauphine who needs a chrome hubcap with the center bolt, or any of those weird lug nuts, send them my way.

Rear engine watercooled. No doubt an inspiration for the vanagon (ducks as he hits send).

Jim