Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2013, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:51:47 -0700
From:         Tom Carchrae <tom@CARCHRAE.NET>
Subject:      Re: coolant overflow fears and thoughts
Comments: To: Roger Barkley <rvbarkley4347@gmail.com>

Roger: Yeah, I want to build a tester gizmo. I also have a PSI guage that I was thinking of plumbing into the cooling system - I have not gotten around to it though!.... how did you build yours? I was thinking the best design would be an old expansion tank and a bike pump.

Larry: I've only done the cursor blowing through the cap. I know it holds pressure (loosened it while warm!), and I know it can let fluid/air in/out.

Yes, pressure caps are cheap, but the rest of your cooling system + radiators, etc are not. I think a cap tester is a good preventative investment. The quality of caps seems all over the place.