Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 May 2013 18:59:45 -0700
From:         Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sucky Gas Mileage-ethanol in fuel
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

I had heard about the 15% requirement. I also seem to remember a recent news story about how many of the ethanol producers are on a razor thin edge of staying in business.  If enough of them go out of business there won't be sufficient ethanol to make the 15%. Don't know if that is good or bad in the long run, but will certainly impact those of us driving machines with older fuel management systems. Anthony '89 Syncro GL (Hidalgo) ________________________________ From: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:00 PM Subject: Re: Sucky Gas Mileage-ethanol in fuel I understand that we will be going to 15% almost everywhere. Part of the sustainability plan. Diesel is also going to be 15% bio. So we pay more for it to not take us as far. Dennis -----Original Message----- From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of Anthony Egeln Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 3:17 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Sucky Gas Mileage Switch to non-ethanol mixed gas.....you'll get a bit better mileage. I used to get 18-19 in my syncro until all the regular gas got ethanol.  Now it is right on 17 like yours. Anthony '89 Syncro GL (Hidalgo) ________________________________ From: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 1:02 PM Subject: Sucky Gas Mileage Can I get any tips to improve the mileage I am getting?  91GL Auto with 192K getting about 17mpg at most...maybe 20 downhill. Never had injectors replaced.  Just thinkin. Thanks. Michael in San Antonio 91GL Weekender AT 2.1L 'Gringo'