Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 May 2013 06:38:47 -0700
From:         Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sucky Gas Mileage - ethanol free
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

Yes, that is the reason.  I had a scooter that had the same problem.  One day I came out in the garage and could smell gas.  The vinyl fuel line had melted over time and was dripping. Ant ________________________________ From: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Friday, May 3, 2013 8:57 AM Subject: Re: Sucky Gas Mileage - ethanol free I think the real reason that boaters do not want ethanol in their fuel is that the ethanol degrades (melts) their built-in fiberglass and resin fuel tanks, and they get a real mess on their hands. Jim On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@yahoo.com> wrote: > Thanks for the link.  I know where they are here already.  Our local gas > chain has a few > > pumps around, mainly to serve all the boaters that we have here in > northeast Florida. > You can see all the trailers lined up at the ethanol-free pumps if you are > up early enough > > on a Saturday. Ethanol-free gas is better for marine fuel management > systems. > > Problem is.....ethanol-free fuel sells for a premium akin to diesel or > high test.  Which > > eliminates any advantages the small increase in fuel economy gives you. > > > Anthony > '89 Syncro GL (Hidalgo) > > > > ________________________________ >  From: Todd Last <rubatoguy@COMCAST.NET> > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:02 PM > Subject: Re: Sucky Gas Mileage > > > You might want to check out the many sites on the web that point you to > stations with ethanol-free gas. > > For Example: http://pure-gas.org/ >