Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 May 2013 20:47:40 -0400
From:         Steve Cotsford <cotsford@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bluestar project progress-another syncro anomaly
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Well I'm getting down to the last few things before I can try to crank the engine. I'm still waiting for some parts to come in the mail, notably a coolant hose and the breather hose. Other than that all is hooked up, thanks to some very knowledgeable assistance from some folks on this forum. With any luck I will have them Monday. Today I ran into another oddity. I wanted to put fresh oil in the engine. Hmmm. The engine did not have a plastic filler tube so first I had to fit the one that came with the van. That was a real struggle. Then I find I cant put oil in it. Its too high. You should be able to open the number plate door , remove the cap, pull out the telescoping tube and pour. That is not possible at present. I cant remove the cap and if I could, the telescoping tube would completely miss the opening.

I'm guessing that the filler tube for a syncro is taller and perhaps bent differently than a 2wd filler. Can someone please confirm this?

I'm thinking I will remove the filler that I have and somehow change the shape so that the telescoping tube will exit the opening. Otherwise I will have to go shopping again.

Thanks for any help.

Steve