Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 May 2013 07:31:33 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Mobil 1 Special at Advanced Auto....and Walker Cat

Stumbled in to Advanced Auto Saturday and they had a really good deal on 5 qts. of Mobil 1 oil and M1-205 filter for $32.99 and the extended Mobil 1 oil for $3 more. Even Wal mart couldn't beat that deal, as their oil is still not a bd deal at $24.97. Both retailers had the 15/50 in stock too.

The cat on my 90 GL is way over due to be replaced and they had several choices, but the best deal was the Walker with the flanges already welded for $136 and no shipping charges. I used my $20 coupon fr the $100+ sale(from last week's mailing) and their computer spit out another $50 rebate for that cat which will come in the form of a $50 Amex gift card in about 2 or 3 weeks after filling out the receipt info on line. Net cost after jumping through all the hoops was $66 and I think the local metal salvage yard pays $10 for used cats.

YMMV

DM&FS