Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 May 2013 10:10:48 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Bus Depot-How'd Ya Do It?!!

OK, no Vanagon content here, but there is VW content and vendor appreciation! Last Wednesday my daughter is following me home from college in her 1998 New Beetle  (Newport News Virginia to Round Hill, Virginia, 200 miles\3 1/2 to 4 hour drive) Major accident shuts down I-95 so we try to bail onto Route 1, but so do hundreds of others. Not 3 minutes into the backup my daughter is calling me to tell me the coolant light is flashing on the NB. Long story short we drive back roads and get the NB home, but a 4 hour drive became 8 hours. Next day I look at the NB and find the 30amp fuse to the radiator fans has melted, so of course the fans don't work-makes sense now as to why the car started to overheat. Start searching the part online, ECS Tuning, Bus Depot, dealer, etc. Bus Depot has the best price but the part might take 2 weeks to get. Same with ECS Tuning, up to two weeks. Local dealer has ONE, but twice the price of BD <sigh>. Decide I can wait two weeks, after all, car is drivable as long as it doesn't sit in traffic. Call BD back and the guy says "I was hoping you'd call back, I can the part much quicker than I originally thought". So, I order it. Friday my daughter calls and says a box arrived from Bus Depot, is it the part for her NB? I say, nah, no way, mu st be a pa rt that was back ordered from a previous order of mine. I get home from work and open the box-it was the new fuse block for the NB-in LESS THAN 24 HOURS! New part is in, fan s work fine now, THANKS BUS DEPOT! BTW, found this is a common problem on NB's-THANKS VW.

Jeff Stewart