Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 May 2013 07:40:13 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Coolant Tank Issues
Comments: To: Kurt Grotz <kurtgrotz@GMAIL.COM>

1st sign of combustion gasses getting into the cooling system. Loose or cracked heads.

Dennis, From my phone. ________________________________ From: Kurt Grotz<mailto:kurtgrotz@GMAIL.COM> Sent: ‎5/‎7/‎2013 6:25 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM<mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Subject: Coolant Tank Issues

I got my 86 out from winter dulldrums and drove 200 mile trip. Noticed that reserve overflow was filled and the tank itself was low. I drained some from overflow (when engine was sitting overnight) and then proceeded to open the main coolant tank to put in more fluid. As soon as I loosened the blue cap pressure started filling it up from the rest of the water system. I quickly tightened it down. When I run it - it gets low again. I have never had this problem of pressure being so great that I can't just simply take main tank cap off. Could this be a bad cap? It is a newer one which I got because it looked newer. Can't seem to find the old one. Ideas?

Kurt Grotz 484-477-2109 kurtgrotz@gmail.com 86 Vanagon (Rexmobile) 87 Westy (Sky)