Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 May 2013 18:24:05 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: coolant overflow fears and thoughts
Comments: To: ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET

I'm almost ready to drop my engine and tranny to replace front manifold (broken). The bolts/studs/nuts on the engine are really, really rusted and eroded away. I doubt any kind of penetrant will ease their passing. I have spare heads that are in fair to good condition and they will be put on - I have a cold weather induced weeping head too.

I decided to drop the engine instead of doing it in place just to make access easier> I bought a full gasket set so I can replace all the gaskets I can reach. This is just to get another year or so out of the engine, I was recently given a subie EJ25 so the long range forecast is for that to be installed.

I want to drop the tranny with the engine so that I can replace faulty diff lock light switch. It is a pain to reach with tranny in van.

One thing leads to another in the vanagon owner's life :)

alistair