Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 May 2013 17:17:59 -0500
From:         raceingcajun <raceingcajun@COMMUNICOMM.COM>
Subject:      =?Windows-1252?Q?Re:______Re:_Bluestar_project=85no_start_yet?=

I'm sure I'll get the standard horse laugh, for saying this but I'll except it all the same. I hope there is a fire extinguisher handy with all this: I SEE GAS FLOWING, I HAVE SPARK, I DON'T HAVE SPARK, I DON'T SEE RETURN FLOW, I DON'T HAVE A PRESSURE GAUGE.

Please get the proper equipment to test the fuel system. No fire extinguisher is the formula for disaster. Electrical arc's and opened fuel flow is a bad combination.

I had a neighbor burn his house to the ground once, changing the mechanical fuel pump on a Fo&d pick up. It was cold and he was working in the attached garage. He was manually testing the new pump with the feed line hooked up, while the exit line was opened and sprayed his drop light with gas. That was all it took, by the time he got wife, kids and dog out of the house, that whole side of it was engulfed.

Fuel system diagnosis 101

Get proper tools! Get fire extinguisher! Work away from house! Have some one else around!

Please note: This gentleman was an experienced independent shop mechanic with 7 years hands on under his belt.

If I have rung the bell un-necessarily, please disregard warnings!

Howard

Subject: Re: Bluestar project…no start yet