Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 May 2013 18:19:48 -0400
From:         Steve Cotsford <cotsford@AOL.COM>
Subject:      =?windows-1252?Q?Re=3A_Bluestar_project=85no_start_yet?=
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

Well I have answered my own question conclusively. I bought a water pressure gauge at Lowes. (nearest HF is 1 1/2 hours drive away). Fixed it up with some brass fittings and determined that although I have fuel flow, I have no pressure to speak of so the pump "ist kaputt". After seeing what it ingested I am not surprised. Time to go shopping again but it will give me time to check and recheck the ignition timing.

I like your way of checking the injectors Scott. I will try that when the time comes. The 3 wires going to the distributor plug look a bit shaky. Is there a handy dandy way to reinforce them?

Steve