Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 May 2013 15:48:32 -0400
From:         george jannini <georgejoann@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: ABA into 1.9 Vanagon was coolant overflow fears and thoughts
Comments: To: Vwbrain <VWBrain@aol.com>

*The Autobahn Society in Braselton Ga did my conversion, Mark.*

Our lower end is 2 liter ABA, the top end is a 1.8, and Digifant II runs the show. The original conversion, done back in 2002 was a TiiCo.

Relying on a patented Seat Of Pants dyno, I feel the TiiCo pulled stronger between, say, 3,500 RPM up to red line, but when the TiiCo engine needed major work at around 90,000 miles I was not a happy camper and switched to a homegrown hybrid.

Last time I was in the shop and a conversion was in progress, I noticed that the oddball oil pan you need is being fabbed up in house.

George/ATL