Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 May 2013 03:43:43 -0700
From:         Ben <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: wing window
Comments: To: Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>

Hi Frank,

I am familiar with the exterior head of the pivot. In the nearly 3 dozen Vanagons I've owned, none had ever required tightening or repositioning on that piece of hardware. It's a security head which is designed to be tightened but not removed. Of course corrosion is not a major factor here.;-)

As far as using a nail to drive out the roll pin, I would caution the use or any sharp tipped tool. The tip can effectively engage the tip of the roll pin and cause it to expand against the sides of the hole. The more you drive the nail, the more difficult it will be to remove the pin. If you must use a nail, the tip should be ground flat turning it into a homemade drift.

Regards,

BenT sent from my electronic leash