Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 May 2013 01:33:12 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Excessive fuel tank pressure
Comments: To: Stephen Engel <sengel543@YAHOO.COM>

That tank insulation was there for very good reason. The pressure in the tank will equal the vapor pressure of the fuel. The heat from the engine-transmission is raising the temperature of the fuel increasing its vapor pressure. Also make sure the venting valve is working. It is vacuum operated. You can usually hear it click as the throttle is opened. The vent valve opens a port into the air filter so that any vapors escaping get burned off in the engine.

Dennis