Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 May 2013 08:50:02 -0700
From:         Tom Carchrae <carchrae@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Heater Fan
Comments: To: Bryan Feddish <uprightbassghost@HOTMAIL.COM>

>>> I now feel like I could do my heater in a day easily. Other folks >>> descriptions of the process make it sound unduly difficult. << > > You could. I started mine in the late afternoon and needed to finish the > next morning. And no, I did not do all the detailed cleaning stuff that > others have done but I did do some. it's always a balance of doing > what I > can and getting the car back on the road as I need to go back to work on > Mondays.

Great video Bryan. Did you do anything about the burnt looking wire? Were you able to drive without a steering wheel nut? :)

I'm thinking it might be a mistake to do this job and not budget some time to fix stuff like the burnt wire, dead bulbs, ripped out wires, and so on.

Speaking of; has anyone tried to replace the heater core with a more common part? (ie, one that is less than 200$) I need to do this job, but it looks like I won't care again until the autumn now that it is getting warmer.

Tom