Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 May 2013 15:40:41 -0700
From:         Aristotle Sagan <killer.jupiter@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Friday A couple of things

1.) Why is Google doing their damndest to drive me away from GMail? Forcing a new editor on us that's complicated and hard to use. Still haven't found how to change a subject line and hiding the previous sent text isn't a great idea either. And do they actually know I have NEVER clicked on an ad?

2.) The youngest is almost 15 1/2. Means she can get her learners permit out here in Caleefornia. While have taken her for a bunch of Saturday or Sunday afternoon driving lessons around the local community college parking lots, the whole thing makes me nervous. While she is picking up the whole clutch thing pretty well, watching how she drives reminds me of how much multi-tasking we all do driving. And I mean driving, not drinking coffee, checking the radio, etc. The simple act of efficient driving is incredibly complex.

So the question is... How do you ever let your young one out of the nest with a 2 ton death machine in their hands?

3.) The itch to get another Vanagon is getting stronger. Anyone want to trade for an 88 Chevy 1/2 ton with 88K, no rust, no accidents and just about zero emissions? Runs well, 4 liter V6, 3 speed with a Granny.

tim (exercising his Friday creative Vanagon list rights) in san jose