Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2013, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 May 2013 05:13:38 -0400
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine Oil Question

Same, same. Boston Bob 2.1 engine with Mobil 1 all its life, now with 220,000 km on it. Still running almost like new. Oil pressure has dropped significantly since new but no warning lights as yet. Hoping for another 200,000 kms before needing a replacement. The price of the oil & filters changed every 8000 km is a small price to pay for peace of mind and security. Van now has over 700,000 kms on it. Going for the big million km turn-over ! Party will ensue !

On 2013-05-28, at 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> wrote:

> In my opinion the Mobil 1 is superior. I have been a user since the early 8= > 0's For all the cars and miles using I have never had to replace an engine.= > Again Fun Bus now has over 256k and the engine is all original=2C even the= > head gaskets. I have other customers at well over 200k. Yes some have had = > head work but the bottom end is still there. When you think of the cost if = > doing it yourself the Mobil 1 change with a high end filter is less than a = > full tank of fuel.

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 VW Westy, '00 Kawasaki 250 Sherpa, "98 Ducati 750 Monster & Lionel Trains (Collection for sale) Frank Condelli & Associates - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley BusFusion a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 06 ~ 09, 2013