Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jun 2013 20:55:17 -0700
From:         Thewestyman <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: Speaking of diesels.... Mercedes?
Comments: To: Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>

The five cylinder Merc. diesel is way more powerful than the four cylinder one. Zoltan

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Hargrave Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 8:11 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Speaking of diesels.... Mercedes?

I agree - the OM601 & OM602 (turbo & non-turbo) are great engines.

I asked because a friend of mine has a Vanagon with a bad engine that I'm considering buying, plus I know a LOT about Mercedes diesel engines. Most of the OM601 4 cylinder diesels are rated at 72 HP but they have plenty of torque. Plus in the original car, you can easily get 30+ MPG on the highway.

Thanks, Tom Hargrave www.kegkits.com www.stir-plate.com www.towercooler.com www.grow-sun.com www.raspberryproject.com