Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Jun 2013 10:47:34 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: '84 Westy. Needs engine, paint. $2000 OBO Vancouver BC Canada

Ok, so price has dropped by 1/2 and seller may be motivated.

Below are quotes from an email exchange between seller and I. He said it was ok to forward these.

As he suggests, and from what I surmised (slider door rust comment) it may be a parts vehicle but maybe the engine could be revived?

I have no interest in this, no connection to seller, but in the right hands for the right price, if the engine could be fixed w/o too much hassle, it may be worth saving. OTOH, I just saw Chris' post of the low price '85 so..... :)

Neil.

"I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with it. It was running pretty rough in its last couple of days. And the last time I tried to start it it wouldn't turn over. Made some ugly sounds. I haven't had it looked at. I suspect it is seized, but can't say for sure. It's been sitting since the middle of last summer. Good project or parts vehicle. "

" It's got little bits of rust here and there. Nothing major in my opinion. The one place that rust has caused a problem is a section about a foot long on the bottom of the sliding door track. A piece has rusted away, allowing dirt and grit to get into the track making the side door hard to open. "

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM, neil n <musomuso@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all. > > Not mine, don't know seller, just happened to see ad. > > http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/3793105044.html > > IMO, price is seasonally high for what it is, but in the right hands, > at the right price..... seller may be motivated? > > Neil. > > > > -- > Neil n > > Blog: tubaneil.blogspot.ca > > '88 Westy http://tinyurl.com/c8rlw6p > > '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/ > > Vanagon VAG Gas inline-VR Engine Swap Group: > > http://tinyurl.com/d7gd5ej