Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 May 2013 21:40:48 -0700
From:         Al Knoll <anasasi@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Broken down in bishop ca!
Comments: To: Timmy Evens <monkey_lips@yahoo.com>

Frankly Tim it might be better to wait for the part, Mr. Miller is a master of his trade, not many with his credentials around anymore, even in Bent, OR. I note that the motor is a 2.0 inline with a 1.8 head? Perhaps T. Miller has a used slave cylinder he could install. He's good at improvising to get one back on the beam. If you need the part, give me a full description of motor, clutch master, tranny and such. Numbers are best. I would suspect that one of us could bluestreak the part to you for future considerations/paypal. I had a short conversation with Tim this PM regarding the transmission problem. Installation is a snap (sorry for the pun) bleed the clutch and you're back to figuring out the main problem which as I understand may have been lack of lubricant to the shifter bits in the transaxle. Replacing the lubricant with perhaps Swepco 110 or 100 could have you on your way without the adventure of hauling it and your love and your dreams all the way to Bent Oregon (sorry Ben). Any metal chunks in the lubricant that Tim drained? If not perhaps things are not as bad as imagined. If so then a rebuild or replace is the only path. Chunks, not mere "filings" indicate internal death in the case. BlueStreak from Reno or the likes could have you back to where you were. An EZ out extractor can remove the nipple and a replacement could be fitted. Refill trans, clutch hydraulics, bleed and ... kiss and make up with your van and mosey on.

Copy to Stephan: How was the event? Does the shop have any bits that might help a newlywed in dire straits? Copy to Rocket: He's a local do you have any available assistance from your end?

Al(Pensionerd, Cane Rattler etc etc)