Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:48:26 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Quick Air Cooled 2.0 Bay-Vanagon parts question
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@gmail.com>
Comments: cc: all listees <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

OK, here goes

Cylinder Heads - 79 & 80-83.5 the same. 76-78 2.0 Heads are different.

Cooling System - Fan Shroud - 79 is different from 80-83.5 Cooling Fan & Pulley - The same

Alternator - 79 and 80-83,5 is different 79 is EXTERNALLY regulated 80-83.5 is INTERNALLY regulated 80-83.5 has fan assembly parts for heater blowing

Exhaust System Heater Boxes are NOT the same Crossover (if equipped on Canadian) is NOT the same Fed 79 and Canadian Muffler/Tailpipe is the same. Some Canadian Vanagons use the 72-74 Muffler which bolted directly to the Heater Boxes.

Oil Breather Square on the 79 Round on the Vanagon * Both should be useable in either install.

Resistor Pack - same

Kombi Relay 11 Terminal - same (only California 79 and 80-83.5 use the 13 terminal Relay)

Dipstick - Different

Plastic Timing Scale - Same

-- Jim Thompson oldvolkshome@g <oldvolkshome@gmail.com>mail.com <oldvolkshome@gmail.com> http://www.oldvolkshome.com Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Jim-Thompson/100000710343835 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" 75 914 1.8 "Nancy" Full Timing From March 1999 To January 2012