Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2013, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:07:43 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mini Fridge
Comments: To: Jim Ogul <jimogul70@GMAIL.COM>

A 300 watt inverter needs almost 30 amps at 12 volts. 10 gauge wire. Your not getting that out of the dash lighter socket. Check the power consumption on that small fridge. Some of them need as much power as full size, (for a shorter time). Take the watts and divide by 10, that how many amps should be available at 12 volt.

Dennis, From my phone. ________________________________ From: Jim Ogul<mailto:jimogul70@GMAIL.COM> Sent: ‎6/‎10/‎2013 5:26 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM<mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Subject: Re: Mini Fridge

Ok. I was figuring that a 1.7 cu ft refrigerator uses about 30 watts and that wouldn't require all that much current. Maybe my figures are off here. The thing is I already have a 300 watt inverter that plugs in the cigarette lighter socket and I have my son's dorm refrigerator so I wanted to experiment a bit but i don't want to burn out anything.

Jim